Emerald Escape Camping
Guest: any person You bring or invite onto the Property, their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, or assigns
Property: Lots 66, 67 and 68, also known as ‘Adler Hill Holding’ in the Parish of Danbulla, County of Nares, Shire of Mareeba
Provider: Kanjini Co-Op Ltd, Emerald Escape Camping, their officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, contractors and associated entities
You: The person booking a Camp-site, your executors, administrators, next of kin, successors, or assigns
Acceptance and Abidance
- By booking one or more of the Provider’s camp-sites and/or activities on the Property, You agree and are deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions, agree to abide by them and accept any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities.
- It is Your responsibility to ensure Your Guests have read and understood these Terms and Conditions as well as the “Emerald Escape Camping Code of Conduct”
- By entering onto our Property, Your Guests agree and are deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions, agree to abide by them and accept any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities.
Waiver and Indemnity
- By entering the Property You and Your Guests agree to indemnify The Provider and to waive and release all claims that You or Your Guests may have against The Provider in connection with any activities on the Property and, to the full extent permitted by law, You and Your Guests release and discharge The Provider, its officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, contractors, other Guests and all other persons involved in the provision of camping and associated services, from all such claims, including but not limited to any and all claims for damages caused by negligence or otherwise, arising out of your participation in the activity, together with any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claim whether valid or not.
- Bookings for Camp-sites can be made on-line or by phone;
- All Camp-site bookings require camping fees to be paid in full at the time of booking. Bookings are only confirmed once cleared funds has been received in our account.
- Bookings are non-transferable except with prior written permission by The Provider.
- only direct deposits are accepted for all bookings, account details will be provided at time of booking; transfers need to reference your name and camp site ID.
- Site fees include three adults (six for camp 2), additional Guests are charged extra
- A security deposit of 30% of the camping fee or a minimum of $100 (whichever is the higher) will be payable at the time of booking. The Provider may change theses amounts or require a higher security deposit for any particular booking.
- Providing all Terms and Conditions and the Code of Conduct have been adhered to, the site is left clean and no damage has been done, the full security deposit will be refunded to Your nominated account within seven days of the departure day. Otherwise The Provider may withhold all or part of the security deposit.
Alterations, Cancellations, Credits and Refunds
- You may increase the number of nights and/or people and vehicles at Your Camp-site (subject to availability and site constraints) at any time by contacting us, but only after transferring the additional fees (advised to you) into our account and supplying proof of such transfer.
- Cancellations will attract a cancellation fee of $25 or:
– if made 30 days or more prior to arrival date, 10% of the camping fees
– if made 14-29 days prior to arrival date, 20% of the camping fees
– if made 8-13 days prior to arrival date, 30% of the camping fees
– if made 4-7 days prior to arrival date, 40% of the camping fees
– if made 2-3 days prior to arrival date, 60% of the camping fees
– if made less then 2 days prior to arrival date, 80% of the camping fees
whichever its the higher.
- You may decrease the nights or number of people at Your Camp-site, however double the above cancellation fees will apply for the related portion of the camping fee and the number of nights cannot be decreased for bookings on long weekends.
- You may change the dates subject to availability. If the new dates are earlier than the original, $10 or half of the above cancellation fee percentages apply (whichever its the higher), otherwise the full cancellation fees will apply. The remainder of the already paid camping fees will be applied as a credit towards the new booking.
- Full credit or refund will be given if the Provider has to close the camp site for any reason, for example possible flooding, extreme fire danger, an emergency or other exceptional circumstances.
- Any requests for refunds must be made in writing within 14 days after the arrival date for the booking
Our Service Guarantee
- The Provider commits to
– make available to You what You pay for
– provide You with a clean Camp-site
– provide You with high-quality customer care and respond as quickly as possible to any issue You may raise with us
– inform You of any unexpected issues which may affect Your stay and provide alternative options wherever possible
– share Your commitment to protecting our uniquely beautiful environment
- If You inform us that You believe that we fail to deliver on this commitment, we will take all necessary steps to remedy Your problem as soon as possible. In the rare instance that we are unable to attend to any obvious problem within a reasonable time-frame, You may choose to cancel the remainder of Your stay and receive a credit for Your unused nights, or You may choose stay on and get compensation for the difference in the service delivered and what You paid for
Vehicles & Property Entry
- At least 24 hours before entering our property, you will register with us the make, model, colour and rego of each car, campervan, truck, trailer, motor-bike or any other vehicle which You and/or Your Guests will use to enter the Property. You agree to be liable for any and all trespass charges resulting from your failure to do so. Every vehicle entering our property has to be registered with us first or trespass charges will be laid.
- You and Your Guests may check into your camp site any time after 2pm on the first day of the booking, unless other prior and written permission has been given.
- You and Your Guests shall check out of your camp site by 11am on the final day of the booking, unless other prior and written permission has been given.
- You and Your guests may enter our property and use the day areas from 9am on the first day of the booking until 5pm on the final day of the booking
- You and Your Guests shall not enter or exit the property via routes other than the designated entry and exit roads and agree to use tracks marked as emergency exits only in an emergency.
- You agree to be responsible that the maximum permissible and the registered number of people, vehicles and/or trailers for Your Camp-site are not exceeded. You agree to pay penalties of up to five times your camping fee should any of those numbers be exceeded without prior written permission by the Provider.
- The Provider reserves the right to enter camp sites for random checks.
- All road signs must be obeyed and under no circumstances shall You or Your Guests enter any track or its surrounding area marked as ‘Private – do not enter’
- Maximum allowed speed on the Property is 25km/h, but You and Your Guests need to always drive to conditions, especially if visibility is obscured by crests, corners or vegetation.
Be aware that someone may come the other way at any time!
- Main entry gates need to always be closed after passing through, even if found open, internal gates need to be left as found.
- The following items must not be brought onto or used on the Property without prior written permission by The Provider:
(i) illegal substances, fireworks, explosives or weapons of any nature;
(ii) quads, motor-bikes, motor-craft, chainsaws or other noisy items
(iii) animals (excluding working Guide Dogs);
(iv) anything that The Provider reasonably considers will jeopardise the safety, comfort or experience of anyone else
- Some areas of the Property are leased to third parties and You and Your Guests are not permitted to enter into any fenced areas or interact or interfere with any plants or animals in such fenced areas, unless given prior specific permission.
- The Provider reserves the right to refuse entry to any person at any time, or to remove persons found or reported to be disruptive or disorderly or in breach of these Terms and Conditions or the “Emerald Escape Camping Code of Conduct”.
- Imagery of You and Your Guests may be recorded at public areas on the property (not at Your private Camp-site without your prior permission) and may be reproduced in various commercial formats. By entering the Property, You and Your Guests acknowledge that The Provider and its related entities have exclusive ownership and control of all such recorded imagery and You and Your Guests relinquish any rights or entitlements to either ownership or compensation for the commercial use and reproduction of such imagery whatsoever by The Provider or its related entities.
- You and Your Guests may use the NE side of the Lake (where the big tarp and marquee are) and the lake itself as a day area, providing You respect the privacy of Camp 1 on the SW side of the lake and keep at least 100m distance from it. On some days or evenings this public NE lake area may be used by private functions and will not be available to all campers, but You will be informed if that is the case.
All Campers except Camp 1 campers need to vacate the lake and surrounding areas no later than ½ hour after sunset unless the Provider informs you otherwise in writing (for example when there is a shared meal happening or campers are invited to meet/ play music around a fire)
- If you bring and/or use any watercraft, you must ensure that lifejackets are worn by anyone while using them.
- Minors must remain at all times under the responsible supervision of an adult or guardian.
- You and/or Your Guests shall not cause any damage to, improperly use or tamper with any infrastructure, plants or animals on our Property
- You and Your Guests agree to not collect money or orders from other campers for goods or services without the prior written approval of The Provider
- All Camp-sites have a composting toilet (do not put anything but poo and toilet paper into it). You need to bring everything else you require.
- You commit to leave Your Camp-site at least as clean as you found it and to not litter anywhere on our Property or remove or destroy any vegetation or anything else without the Providers prior written permission.
- Taking images of other campers (except in day area with their permission) and the use of drones is not permitted without our prior written permission.
- Please ensure You and Your Guests familiarise Yourself with the evacuation plan for Your Camp-site in case of an emergency. A copy of the evacuation plan for your camp will be available at each camp site
- In case of emergency, please remain calm and follow instructions from staff. For any emergencies, please call 0499620260 AND emergency services (FIRE, POLICE or AMBULANCE) on 000.
Liabilities and Responsibilities
- The Provider takes no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property. You and Your Guests enter the property at your and their own risk.
To the maximum extent permitted by the law, The Provider, its employees, contractors and all other persons involved in the provision of camping and any associated services accept no liability for any death, injury, loss, claims, costs, expenses or damage (collectively “Claims”) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect to the supply of goods or services, or Your activities on the property, including liability for negligence.
- The Provider, its employees and all other persons involved in the provision of camping and associated services accept no liability for death or personal injury howsoever caused.
- The Provider may sometimes include third party products in packages we offer. As an agent on behalf of such products or services, The Provider shall not be liable under any circumstances, for any failure by those service providers to fulfil such arrangements, nor for any error, alteration or change made by any third party service providers, nor for any death, injury, loss, damage or expense caused by any such third party products
- The Provider shall not be liable for any accident, injury, delay, property damage or personal loss to You or Your Guests in connection with any accommodation, transportation, or any other services provided, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
- You acknowledge responsibility for any and all of Your Guests (including but not limited to their behaviour) and all equipment that is bought onto the Camp-site.
- You agree to pay any reasonable damages and/or restitution the Provider may ask for in relation to any damage to infrastructure, property, people, animals or plants caused by You or Your Guests while on our Property.
- You need to report any theft or accident as soon as possible to the camping and property manager.
- Breach of any of the above conditions or the “Emerald Escape Camping Code of Conduct” may result in the removal of Yourself and/or Your Guests from the Property and/or forfeiture of all site fees and security deposits.
The Provider may also claim compensation or damages from You.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions are found to be illegal or unenforceable, that illegal or unenforceable part is to be disregarded. All remaining parts of these Terms and Conditions will remain in force.